Friday, August 21, 2009

July 24th


Yes, I know that it is August 22, but I wanted to post this one...

Pioneer day has always been one of my favorite holidays. As a young child, my grandma (Gran) would decorate a parade float for all of the grandkids to ride in the North Logan parade. I remember riding to Salt Lake with my mom and Gran to Modern Display to get all the new glitz for the float. The North Logan parade is unlike any other. It's the BEST parade. Lots of thought and time goes into all of the floats, bike parade, and pioneer children singing and walking.
I don't know who any of these people are...just giving you an idea of what a great parade it is.

This was our float, so fun with ALL the cousins.

This years float theme was, "Days until the Pumpkin Walk." We love the Pumpkin Walk. My wonderful grandparents Wally and Ida Beutler started the Pumpkin Walk in Grandads fields years ago. Gran had a great love for Halloween, and wanted to create a fun, free family activity that people could attend on Halloween. The city of North Logan has since taken over it, and Nancy Israelsen helps carry on the tradition of something I hold very true and close to my heart.

My wonderful aunties have carried on the tradition of doing this for the great-grandchildren. My kids look forward to it each year. This year my sister was out of town, so she let me take Tristin and KarLee. They were so excited to throw the candy.

Aunt Marie, Aunt Diane, and Aunt Nan


We met afterwards at the Godfreys for yummy BBQ's, salads, treats and homemade kettle corn (thanks Aunt Diane). I come from a wonderful family of cooks.

It was great to see all my cousins and visit. LOVE YOU GUYS! Next year we are planning a reunion, and I am so excited! I love being with my family
just cousins, hangin out having a great time!


my cute cousin Rebecca, who is getting married in September. YEA - CONGRATS!

Thanks again to my wonderful family who reminds me how great of a heritage I come from.

2 comments:

Celeste Russell said...

Looks like so much fun! I love being with my family too. I look forward to every reunion that we have. I will have to check out the parade next year!

ps love love love your house - can't wait to see it finished!

Unknown said...

Yay for Beutler family traditions. It really is an incredible family. I'm sad I missed it this year.