Friday, May 21, 2010

the blahs!

My last post, titled "I’m so excited'" and then this are two extreme opposites...but that is how I am feeling!
May 6, woke up early, having a great morning, polished toes, put laundry away, jumped in the shower, shaved, pumiced heels....FELL DOWN, broke back! Yep, how damn stupid right?
Addy heard me (my body coming down on marble is a little loud); she came running, zoey starting barking, I couldn't breathe, and wanted to cry. I somehow managed to get out of the shower and grab a towel, had Addy grab my shorts and a tee - oh, yes, and my cell phone. I called Jayson - that was not helpful! Men can sometimes be SO STUPID (don't worry, he remedies himself later). I got up, got Addy out the door, and then called my Aunt Judy to ask what a broken back would feel like. I scared her a little, she called my Dad, he rushed over - then went back home to grab my little sister to take me to the ER. In the meantime, my sweet friend Kristy came to grab Ashton, and take him to preschool.
The ER took X-rays, and stated that I had a compression fracture (like a pop can), and then gave me and IV of some very, VERY wonderful drugs! :) Jayson drove from 90th South to Logan very quickly, and took me home. I slept for the next three days.
I don't deal well with being "down," It literally gets me down! So...against orders, I went to work Monday - yep...not a good idea! So, in the 2 weeks since - I cannot bend over and Clorox floor and walls (and that my friends is my aromatherapy,) lift, go up stairs very well, or sleep in my own bed. I've been on the couch for two freakin weeks...and I’m done! I put that bedding in the washer this morning, and by damn I am sleeping in my bed tonight!
I slipping into some funk - I can't sleep, I cry, I feel like my house needs me and some Clorox 101, I want to just fell better...NOW! I am impatient and dammit - this was not what I ordered - so take it back! I don't want to burden others with my problems...so I'll write it about it on my blog so you can all see it, right? Whahhhhh, poor Margaret! Okay - REALLY...NO COMMENTS ON THAT, PLEASE!
Last night I took Joslynns friend home, by the old house, the house I love, with the neighbors I love and miss - yep that one. And...I stopped in to see what then had done to the place. It looked great, and they were happy...and me...well I cried nonstop for the next 2 hours! WHAT THE HELL? I have a brand new, beautiful home - with no problems, and I want my old house back! Then I hurt Jaysons feelings by not being happy with what we have...and then...well then... crying + no sleep = poor Margaret blog!
so, really...this is a poor me, I feel so bad for myself, and need to poor out my emotion, whahhh blog....sorry!
But...It does feel better knowing that after writing this I sound pretty flippin pathetic, I need to get over myself,take an extra pain pill, break out the Clorox and finish out my day.
"and with that my dear, I say GOOD DAY!" (what movie line???)

6 comments:

Bryce and Britt said...

Oh Margaret, I just love you!! I can't believe you got up and tried to go to work! Get feeling better soon!!

christine said...

Hang in there. I just called my mom and told her to call you, 'cause you both can relate to each other right now.

Celeste Russell said...

I know how to clorox walls and floors - just because mine isn't done doesn't mean I can't do it;)

Jenny said...

Oh poor Margaret. Just teasing.

Hope you get feeling better.

Miken said...

margaret i heard about your little spill. i'm so sorry! i think you must deal with pain a lot better than most. i would be the biggest baby. and as for going back to work... ummm are you insane? you had your get out of jail free card and threw it away! we are so opposite! :) i know you will be better soon and i will continue to pray for you. so get better NOW! :)

Lisa said...

Margaret! What happened? Are you going to live? I need to bring treats! I"ll see you later tonight after church. Lots of Love, Lisa