Monday, November 5, 2012

one year later

In October of last year, I was "sold."  The company I had been working for (EMG), for 5.5 years sold my property to another owner.  I was bought out by a new management company. It was awful!!!!
First of all, I had been thinking about leaving property management for about 6 months. I had promised to stay with EMG through the sale.  At the time, I didn't really have any options, and we could not afford for me to just quit my job.
Jayson was completely aware of my sadness/attitude.  I needed something new.  I needed fresh.  I needed a new start.
I stayed at Riverwalk, as property manager with the new company for 2 months, when I knew I had an answer to my prayers.  I had been talking with Chad Mangum for over a year about working for his company Access Home Care and Hospice.  He gave me a call to let me know of a position that was available, and could compare with my current pay.
I was NOT afraid to leave Riverwalk, as a company, but I had a really hard time leaving my residents. I knew that my children and my marriage needed this change as well.
In January I handed my keys over to Riverwalk, and said good bye.  The VERY next day I started my new job as Office Manager with Access Home Medical.  I knew the day I started I had made the right choice.

Since that day, things haven't stopped changing.  I feel that I have grown and experienced more in this past year than ever before.

It started with my weight loss journey.  Everyone at Access is a health nut :) (bless them).  It encouraged me to start drinking water, no soda, and eating healthy.

Joslynn struggled to graduate, and did...barely.  We sent her off to Colorado for a summer job. (worst idea ever!!!!)  She has changed.  A LOT. She is 18 now, trying to figure out who she is. As of today (11/5) we are "speaking" but not the best of friends.  Her mother and her became very close while she was in Colorado.  her mom is "cool."  Christy is fine with no church attendance, drinking, swearing, ect... She can talk with her mom like a bestie.  I enforce rules, I expect thing, and "as long as you live under my roof, you will obey my rules."  Last week was the best since she came home in Sept.  She got a full time job, and we sat and talked about rules in a "non-threatening" situation.  She attended the singles ward yesterday - so I have to take each thing as a small step.

Addy turned 12, started middle school, and became an instant social maniac!  She is texting constantly, and BOY CRAZY.  I love her social attitude.  She was SUPER mad at her self for getting and A-, thus resulting in a 3.975 for 1st term.  She wants to be so many things, and do well at them.  She kinda (thats being nice) a control freak, and bossy.  hmm, wonder where from?  I actually worry about it.  I know what it did to me.  It made life (and still does) hard. She has a hard time just letting things roll off her shoulder.

Its hard to have a student (jos) who is content with a D-, and then one (addy) thats mad when it's an A-.  Jayson and I talked about giving Addy kuddos without hurting Joslynns feelings.  We made sure to let Addy know just how proud of her we were, but I wanted to jump up and down.  Addy talks about the job she will have in High School, along with her AP classes, and then scholarships so that she can become a surgeon.  Jos is 18, graduated for 6 months, and just getting a full time job with no hopes, dreams or goals except to live every day.  These two girls could not be any more opposite!

Today, Ashton turned 8, and I cried. A LOT.  He is my baby.  I thought we would have more. He is the light in my day.  He has this personality that you can't just not love! I don't want to make him sound like my favorite....but he is my favorite son :)

Jayson and I have done better in this last year than ever!  We are going somewhere.  I still get super emotional when I think of all the times we have almost called it quits, and then to see where we are now.  With so many things changing over the past year, he has been my rock.

I decided to leave Access Medical and re-join the EMG team as an apartment manager at a brand new complex in Brigham City.  This again, was a very hard decision for me, but I know it is the right one.  I have room for advancement and growth.  I love managing, and can not wait for the property to open in January.

As of September, I am 35 lbs lighter, and happy.  I am working out with some of the greatest people, and feel very blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing support group.

I am a facebooker, and it's normal to see people posting things they are grateful in the month of November.  I have chosen to read 21 days closer to Christ, and work on my daily and long term and happiness.  I started Nov.1, but have decided to do this as a family and will be "starting over" with them tonight.

After a visit with Jayson, myself and the bishop yesterday - I will, for the next 21 days be blogging about this experience.  At the end of 21 days, I will post about the difference I have seen within my family.  I hope you enjoy this journey with us.

0 comments: