Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a little help here, please!

Okay all you bloggers. and blog stalkers...I NEED SOME HELP!  Jayson and I will be celebrating our 10yr. anniversary this March.  Every year were going to do something "great" and never get to it.  We end up going to dinner here in little Cache Valley, and going home to the kids.
We have been throwing some ideas around like...
1. Oregon Coast road trip
2. Cruise...is a 3 day cruise worth it?
3. Vegas (we LOVE vegas)
4. Jackson Hole...but it's the Hillclimbs

Were open to just about anything.  Were both willing to take a few days off work, so something around 4-5 day trip total.  And of course, we just built a house, so nothing to extremely expensive.  Road trips can be so fun - if you know where you are going, or what you'd like to see.
Tell me places you've been, things you've seen, or places you would love to go!

PS - my next post will be...WHO WANTS TO BABYSIT MY KIDS, while were gone? :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Our 10 year ann. is in June so I need some ideas too! I have no idea, I dont think a 3 day cruise is worth it. And from past experience I think you need fun friends to go on a cruise with you if your going to go. If you get any good ideas let me know! I will tend your kids :)

Jessie said...

Is there a place meaningful to you or Jayson? We are hoping to go to Seattle next year for our ten year because that's where Brandon served his mission and I've never been there. He's wanted to take me there since we got married! Good Luck! I'll be checking back just to see everyones ideas! :)

Jenny said...

Oregon is awesome. And we went this time of year last year, and though it wasn't warm, it wasn't cold either. (I wouldn't recommend getting in the water, but I wouldn't recommend that in July either.)

Nat and Chad said...

If the 3 day cruise is the one to Ensenda DON'T do it! I just went and it was completely lame and cold! All of those sound fun except for the cruise. You're just limited to where you can go!

Justin & Ashlee said...

Oregon Coast!!! I have done this trip quite a few times and never get sick of it and now I live here!I can give you lots of things to see. Also check out traveloregon.com and click on the explore the coast button. I could give you the best route to go on from my experience :) Email me anytime, judashward@gmail.com! And happy anniversary :)

Margo and Dave said...

I love the Oregon Coast! But then again Vegas is a blast... hmmm my vote, Vegas!

christine said...

I found your blog, that I didn't even know you had! Yay!

My vote is Oregon Coast. It's gorgeous and everyone I know who has been there loves it.

Brady and Jenna said...

Oregon Coast for sure if your willing to take 4 or 5 days off. It is awesome and you will love it!! They have the best fresh clam chowder soup. I agree with Ash, talk to myself or her and we can give you a lot of fun places to go. Would you drive of fly? you can get cheap flights on south west to Portland. Even if you drive it's not bad. Go somewhere you haven't been. Astoria Canada is awesome too.

Lisa said...

Oh can I come. We love Oregon too. We flew in to Portland and had fun right in the city. We went to Cannon Beach one day, and went down the river another day to Hood River. It was a great trip. Or we went to Tucson last year in March and loved it. There are great hotel deals on Hotwire, and even the Grand America has some great deals if you book a head of time. We love Moab too, and there's a great little bed and breakfast that is real cozy. Oh I could go on and on. Who cares where you go, just make sure it's a nice room. Anniversaries are way better than honeymoons:)