Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gray November Day

It is not a gray NOVEMBER day, but it sure is a gray JANUARY day - and my mother loved them. I think November is the hardest month for my father. I never understood why she loved those "ugly" days. This past November I reminded myself that my mother loved everything and everyone. She saw the good in others that no one else did. Maybe she never really loved those gray days, she was just making the best of what we had.
My mother taught me a lot about making the best with what we had. We weren't rich, but I never thought of us as poor. We had a home, we had love, and we spent time together. Family was important!
In memory of my mother - I will try TODAY and every other day to keep my chin up, and try to make the best with what I have, no matter what it is!
We miss you mom, everyday! Love you, to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I think it is lovely that a yucky gray day reminds you of your mom. That is a beautiful gift she gave you! ((hugs))

Celeste Russell said...

I love that you keep your chin up!! Your Mom would be so proud of you. You have a beautiful family and are such a wonderful Mom. I just wish I could have know that mom who raised you so well! I feel like I know her through you just as well. Hugs!!!