Friday, July 31, 2009

shopping for the NEEDS


Isn't she a beauty? Jayson knows how much I want a double oven - and a good one at that. Let's just say this new addition to our family ate more than half the appliance allowance...but we were planning on it! Jayson wanted me to have the very best since I love being in the kitchen so much.

This wasn't my first choice, but next in line. I wanted the french doors, but not a big fan of water on the door...but considering I got the double ovens, Jayson can have his ice and water :)

We spent ALL day looking at flooring, lighting, cabinets, and appliances. We purchased the ovens, microwave, fridge, hood vent, and garbage disposal. I wasn't set on the cook top I saw- so I'll keep searching. We signed our cabinet contract today, and picked out hardware. I'm having some mental problems wrapping my brain around the flooring. I felt like it was a pretty productive day, but damn...I'm worn OUT!

5 comments:

Jesse and Mindi said...

Soooo fun!!! But, yes I'll bet so tiring. ONe day we'll build a house, but there are sooo many decisions!! I can't wait to see more pictures! I'm gonna have to come walk through it! I looks great from the outside!!

Unknown said...

How exciting! It makes it more real when you actually get to pick things out. I cant wait to see more pictures. I couldnt live without the water and ice in the fridge. I bet you will be glad you got one with it.

Lisa said...

Hey I love the appliances!! I swear that is so dang fun. You're going to love the double ovens. I am going to get me a Whirly pop ASAP. I'd never heard of them until just the other day. I hope Kitchen Kneads has them if not I'm getting it at Amazon. I can't wait to get the recipe from you. Thanks for thinking about me!! Lisa

Celeste Russell said...

I can't wait to walk through your kitchen! It makes me so excited to see all the progress!

.:emily:. said...

HOly Crap! YOu are done in a month, huh!? HOw exciting! Let me know if I can do anything to help....even just get you 'away' for a night... we still haven't done the Park City thang! :)