Sunday, September 6, 2009

I want to be like Julia

So for a great sabbath evening, we took the kids to the movie. I know, not a Sunday activity. I went to church, made a wonderful home cooked meal, and wanted to see Julia and Julie.... Okay, no excuses...I just do whatever I want no matter what day of the week it is!

Jayson has been wanting to see GI Joe, and the ONLY reason I want to see this movie is so that I can drool over Channing Tatum, YUM! BUT, Julia and Julie was playing at the same time. Problem solved - boys to GI Joe, girls to Julia and Julie.
I have been inspired! Did I mention that I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MY NEW HOUSE WITH MY WONDERFUL KITCHEN, Butcher Block, Double Oven, DISHWASHER, counter space, HUGE pantry and my cookbooks at my fingertips? More excited that I can even begin to utter out of my mouth! My kitchen is my love. I have put more thought into that kitchen than an other thing in or on the house.
Back to Julia and Julie...This movie could be about me...well not really, but I would love to do it! She cooks the entire Julia Child cookbook in 365 days. How great would this be? This might just make the diet a complete loss, but It would be so worth it.
When my mom passed away Jennifer wanted the China, and I wanted the cookbooks. I remember my mom cooking from the Joy of Cooking, and I think I might just need to crack that sucker open. However - I feel the urge to go to Borders tomorrow, and grab some new books. I love going to Borders for cookbooks. They are always on SALE, or better yet, on CLEARANCE. I once bought 5 cookbooks for $10. Even if I only love a few ideas per book - it's still great! It's fun to have a freash idea and an option.
I wanted to come home and COOK, but it's a little late...and I AM OUT OF EGGS! Who runs out of eggs? Oh yes, that would be me after cooking Banana Bread, Banana Bars (I had lots of bad Bananas) and the most wonderful meatballs, I have gone through...36...yes...36 eggs in two days! And the worst part...I couldn't eat any of it! (diets SUCK!) I tried a new recipe for the bread and the bars. The meatballs - they are heavenly - and I don't do meatballs! Jaysons mom gave me that one, and he said I make them better than his momma...sad I know. No, not that she gave me a great recipe, or that I have perfected them, but that Jayson still calls her MAMMA. I tease him ALL the time. His mom is a wonderful cook, and I am lucky to have such a wonderful mother-in-law.
What to cook...oh, only dreams will tell. I'll post about it tomorrow :)"SWEET" dreams.
PS - you can pre order your copy of Pioneer Woman Cooks on Amazon NOW!

0 comments: