Tuesday, September 29, 2009

put my &*#^% pants on!

I swear the cabinets have been a true test of my faith. I took about 6 different bids to make sure I was getting what I wanted in my Kitchen. We finally decided that _________ would be the best one to go with. My only problem (before Friday) was this guy says "ya know what I mean" after EVERYTHING! Gets kinda annoying, but I could deal. THEN, on Thursday while I am in Heber, stressing about the house, I call him to make sure we are good for delivery on Friday - and the story begins.

THURSDAY:
man: Oh, I'm sorry Margaret, the paint needs to dry a little more before we put the knobs on, "ya know what I mean"
me: you mean the second coat? (my kitchen cabinets are white)
man: yes. I want them to be perfectly dry, "ya know what I mean"
me: we'll, I'm not very happy, but I can understand
man: we will try to have them out Friday night. If not - First thing Monday morning, "ya know what I mean"

FRIDAY:
me: Hello man, are we going to be able to get cabinets delivered today
man: uh, I don't think so, that paint is hard to dry "ya know what I mean"
me: so first thing Monday?
man: yes, we get them loaded tonight and have them ready for Monday, "ya know what I mean"
me: we'll, I'm not very happy, but I can understand

MONDAY:
1st phone call-
me: good morning - what time should I expect you today?
man: we need to let that paint dry, "ya know what I mean"
me: I thought that was Friday?
man: well, that was the first coat, "ya know what I mean"
me: (BIG SIGH) so, what are you thinking your timeline is then?
man: first thing tomorrow!

2nd phone call-
me: What time tomorrow?
man: can you unlock the house at 6am?
me: that will be fine

3rd phone call-
me: I just can to CONFIRM that we will have cabinets tomorrow. We are supposed to be moving in this weekend, and I can't have counter TOPS, until I have COUNTERS!
man: were just putting on the knobs, and then we will load them up for tomorrow....."ya know what I mean"
me: Is this a guarantee? I need to make a time with counter top man
man: yes, Margaret.
(do we think the man is getting annoyed?)

TUESDAY:
6am - Unlocked house
8am - NO CABINET MAN YET!
8:10 - phone call to cabinet man
me: Good morning - I hate to be that pain in the ass customer, but you are staring to be the pain in the ass cabinet man! Where are my cabinets, and why did I unlock the house at 6am if you aren't there yet?
man: We had to load them this morning, "ya know what I mean"
me: you mean the loading that was being done at 3pm yesterday when I was talking to you? You do understand that counter tops take 1 week, and I don't have a week? I would very much so appreciate your honesty, not smoke up my ass!
man: (getting grumpy) I am sorry, and they should be at your house any minute
me: Well, I sure hope so... It is Tuesday, "YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!"

so...at 8:30 on my way to work I stopped at the house...and....cabinets are in my house. Not installed, but at my house - with two very "cheerful" installers starting to install cabinets!

pictures to follow... :)

6 comments:

Miken said...

haha i just read that whole thing and now i'm much more stressed thank you very much! haha - good luck with the "you know what i mean" guy from here on out haha.

Unknown said...

Oh my hell I cant stop laughing, not because you dont have them installed yet but because of you and the "you know what I mean" thing! I would probably want to kill him. Cant wait to see pictures :D

[BevS] said...

Hang in there Margaret! You are so funny! After this is all over, you'll be able to go on the road with all this great material.Can't wait to see it. And yes, I am jealous!

*emily* said...

Oh, so close! I hope its all going well for you Margaret! Can't wait to see final pics of the place! I'm loving it so far! Ya know what I mean!? hehehe

Holly said...

I'm not sure if I ever want to build a house. I know it will all work out for you!

Missy said...

Margaret that was the funniest post... "ya know what I mean." (Yup, just had to type it.) Good luck!