Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh my goodness...YUMMY chicken!

Nothing better than throwing something in the crock pot, and coming home after a long day to dinner ready. My girlfriend Celeste brought this idea to me last weekend, and I twisted it just a little. Here's both...

4-5 Large un-cooked Chicken Breasts
1 Cube Butter
1 pkg. dry Italian Spice mix
( I had about 1/2 C dressing in the fridge, and used that too)

Crock pot on low heat for 6 hours, shred
Add:

Celeste's version:
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken
Serve over rice or noodles

Margaret's version:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can Ro-Tel
1/2 C sour cream
serve in hot tortillas
(or make a huge plate of Nachos!)

The Italian dressing, and butter do something to this chicken that makes you want to eat it by the spoonful. Either way ----this was SO YUM!

4 comments:

katie said...

i made this for dinner today...sooo good..thanks for sharing : )

Amy C said...

Yes, I totally can eat this by the spoonful!! We eat this a few times a month at our house.

Jenny said...

This is also one of my favorites.

Miken said...

i might have to do this... TONIGHT.