Wednesday, November 11, 2009

hot to cook!

As I am sure you are all aware, we moved into our new home last Friday. This past week has been so much fun, learning where I put everything. My kids are loving having that ENTIRE basement to themselves, and I am enjoying a bathroom that is my very own...with the fact that I do have to share with a boy!
I promise...I will post this weekend with pics of the house. I really wanted to get it all decorated before I did that however. I went from 2 very small houses, to this one that feels like a mansion. All of my home decor goes on "smaller" walls, so It's a little bit of a challenge. I'm working on it though...and will keep you all updated!
As for the kitchen...ah...true love! Double Ovens, Butcher Block, and Gas Stove Top...HEAVEN! As for the dishwasher, well...not love! I know, how? what? why? Well, I have been hand washing dishes in scalding hot water for my ENTIRE married life...all 10 years! Plus, years before that because my mother had severe arthritis, and her dishwasher didn't work. I have found myself the past few evenings washing dishes by hand. It does something to my soul. Calms me, relaxes me, puts me a peace. Plus, I KNOW how clean they are. I have found myself only putting utensils, cups, and bowls in the dishwasher. This might take some getting used to!
Now, for the butcher block, I could kiss this baby! I think I should name her since we are becoming such close friends. Together, in one week, we have made cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, 30 min rolls, and pumpkin pie (from REAL pumpkins). This weekend I feel doughnuts coming on...that's right...OPEN INVITATION TO COME GET SOME HOT SPUDNUTS SATURDAY MORNING! I'm not sure what else I will work up, but I feel a fall baking day coming on!

1 comments:

Keesha said...

I can't wait to see these house pictures!! As for the dishwasher I can totally relate... I am our dishwasher and I don't mind it at all. I'll be right over for that spudnut, yummy! ;)