Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I want a new Mom

I am very sure that every child tells their parent at some moment in their sweet little lives, that they wished they had a "new mom".
Last night we went to Sams and Best Buy to look at TVs for the basement. I wouldn't let Ashton look at toys until he ate his very healthy Sams Club Pizza Dinner. He wouldn't eat, so I made Jayson take the girls and leave us at the table until he ate.As we were sitting there, he smiles every so cutely at me and says every so calmly
ashton: "Mom, I wish I had a new mom."
me: "oh really, why?"
ashton: "well, a new mom would get me whatever I want. She wouldn't have a dad (husband)either, so I could sleep with her every night."
me: "would she love you?"
ashton: " yep, more than you mom."
me: "that's too bad, cause I love you a bushel and a peck."
ashton: (giggling) "okay mom, I'll just keep you."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can picture him saying that now! He has the cutest personality ever! Thats funny what he said about you not having a husband so he can sleep in your bed :)

Holly said...

That's a keeper!

Anderson Family said...

What a cute kid! He is so funny! I'm glad he realized that he wanted to keep you as a mom! YOur a great mom!