Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fried Food, Lemonade and the Big Yellow Slide

UTAH STATE FAIR


I don't think I have been to the Utah State Fair since I was in high school, with the FFA. Im pretty sure we were just going to check out the cowboys. Im still amazed I didn't marry one, a cowboy that is.
Addy is turning Ten this Saturday, and decided that she wanted to go to the State Fair for her birthday.
How did I forget that the fair is ALL about fried food- corn dogs especially? Did you know they have an entire building for infomercial people and a"fresh lemonade" stand at every turn.

We went for the animals too.
Minature Bull, with the perfect curly hair

Sheep as big as the girls. They were huge. I even asked the farmer if they were normal.

Addy and MaKenzie had a BLAST! All day ride pass, Sea Lion show, cotton candy, corndogs, dippin dots, fried pickles, funnel cake, lemonade - I think Im getting sick all over again even thinking about all the things we ate.

And then, the BIG YELLOW SLIDE. I remember this thing from when i was a kid. It is as big and wonderful as I remember. It was amazing. We went down three times. I felt like a young'in again.

Oh, the future of the FFA

We even played some Midway games


The Sea Lion show was fun, especially since the girls got a kiss from them.

TEN hours at the fair was enough for me.

0 comments: