Saturday, March 19, 2011

I have an amazing {extended} family

I LOVE my family - husband, children, parents and siblings - but this post is about the {extended} ones.


AUNTS AND UNCLES: I was blessed with these wonderful people the day I was born. Growing up, I spent a lot of summer months living with my aunts (moms sisters). My cousins and I took turns exchanging families. I gained such a great bond with my cousins, and we are still close because of it. We spent many hours riding bikes, playing in the canal, and even delivered newspapers one summer.

My Dads sister, Judy, has become another mother to me. My children love her, we love going to her home, and we love having her family in our home. We went to see Gnomeo and Juliet with her, and she surprised me with a cute little frog and gnome statue for my spring decor. She is so thoughtful, and always doing things {making cupcakes for Jayson, because they are his favorite, taking doughnuts and chocolate milk to the barn on Saturdays, having princess parties for the neighborhood, and the infamous Easter Egg Hunt} just because. I love you Judy. Thank You!

{detour......after my mother passed away, I gained better, stronger, more valuable relationships with quite a few people. I wished I would have done it sooner!}

My moms sisters call often, just to check in. I LOVE talking with them. As most of my Beutler cousins can attest to, they (the sisters) have the most genuine, sweet, kind spirits. They speak only of good things, and with a positive insight.

My GREAT Aunt Onie, will be 94 next month - but if you ask her - that means she will be in her 95th year. She lives just 4 blocks from my corporate office in Salt Lake. I enjoy visiting with her when I am in Salt Lake, after my meetings. You would never think she was a day over 29. I admire her strength in life, and am so grateful that I have her.
COUSINS: My mother had four sisters, and my father had two brothers and two sisters - so - I have a large family, with LOTS of cousins, and I love it! I also love that facebook keeps me updated with them since we have all gotten a little older, and busy in our own lives.
We celebrate the 24th of July in North Logan with my moms family. The cousins {Michelle and MaryAnne} decorate a float for the parade, and then all of our children get to ride, and throw candy. The North Logan 24th of July parade is the best! Wonderful community floats, and not so much advertising. We then have a fun filled afternoon in A. Maries backyard. Last year, we had a bounce house and a snow cone maker. Great memories are made, lots of laughter, and even games of family history.
IN-LAWS: I've only got one set, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. My in-laws are AMAZING. Jayson comes from a home with three sisters, therefore, I am the favorite daughter in law. :) Jay and MaryLou welcomed me with open arms, and have never made me feel less that one of their own. We are so very blessed to live so close to them, and have a strong family bond. Jaysons extended family is not as close as mine - but when the sisters get together, it's a blast. Lots of laughter fills the room, and we pack 'em like sardines so we can have giant sleepovers. Christmas Eve is usually spent with Jaysons family. We ALL get together, and have one great big sleepover. Nothing like thirteen kids opening presents on Christmas morning.
I just wanted to write a little note about how grateful I am to have these people in my life, the {extended ones}. Each and every cousin, aunt, uncle and my in-laws has done something, said something, or given me something that I hold very close to my heart. I am so blessed to have been brought into such a wonderful family.

1 comments:

Miken said...

i love you! can i be in your extended family then we can talk all the time? :) you're awesome margaret!