Friday, April 17, 2009

out with the old!


I purchased a wonderful Kirby, back in 1998...yes, 1998! Before I was even married, I had a cleaning obsession. I thought I needed the BEST. Needless to say, we won't even mention how much the thing cost. I was single and working three jobs...so I got it.
We have a wonderful little pug, who isn't supposed to shed....WHATEVER! She SHEDS all the time, year round! Some "seasons" are worse. So, I vacuume daily.
Joslynn was supposed to vacuum the stairs when she informed me that it wouldn't start! WHAT! Won't start!? So, I tried, and tried. AGH! What will I do? It's the weekend, and I have to bleach my walls and vacuum the edges!!!
SO.... I REALLY want a Dyson Animal Ball Vacuum, but they are close to $500(or more), and I really want to buy a new kitchen table, not a new vacuum!
Needless to say, I took my Kirby to Wimmers (a local fix-it-shop). Mr. fix it man was not very pleasant, and said he wouldn't even look at it until Monday afternoon. (Great customer service) So, while at Sams Club shopping, I came upon the new addition to our household...the lovely Bissell, for only $70! YEA!!
What makes this even greater, it's bagless, so I can see just how much of that damn dog hair is in my house! SICK!! I am pretty sure that by morning, every surface of my house will be spotless (as far as vacuuming goes)...because the living room has allready been done two times!
As far as my trusty Kirby goes...If he can fix it for a reasonable price, It will stay in the family. We will just have an upstairs vacuum and a downstairs vacuum. :)

2 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

Hey Margaret! You have such a cute little family...including the pug :) I know what you mean by them shedding so much. Sometimes I can't believe how much my mom's shed! Anyways, just happened upon your blog and thought I'd say hi :)

.:emily:. said...

hahaha... brilliant! Hope the Bissel works for you! I have the Dyson Animal... and looooooove it! worth the investment ;)