Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Say it aint so... 1st House Blog

I got the call, the one we've been waiting for, FOR YEARS!! We can close on our construction loan today! HOLY SMOKES, I think I'm crying. I got the call about 10 min ago, and Jayson is too busy to listen to me rant, so I'm blogging it! YEA, YEA, SUPER YEA, and another YEA!
For all of you who actually read this, and don't understand the true greatness of this call, let me explain.
Jayson and I were married in 2000. It was the plan that we would rent for 5 years, and then start to build on my dads land on the drive farm. Well, two years into our renting, our landlord passed away, and her son bought the house. He wanted to raise our rent from $500 to $900. This was in November, one month before Christmas, and we were still poor married folk. We did what we had to, moved into "grandpas house." Grandpas house is actually an apartment in the back of my parents, more like a studio apartment. We had our own entrance, bathroom and kitchen... but we were still living with my parents. It worked great for awhile, but that doesn't last forever.
My dad started the process of developing the land on the drive farm, but it wasn't working for me- timing and location ( I wanted to be on the farm road).
We FINALLY got pregnant and was in the process of getting custody of Joslynn - so we needed a house - NOW!
We purchased our first home in August 2004. A cute little white house, directly east of the Paradise Fire Station. Jayson worked hard for 5 months tearing out lath and plaster, updating electrical and getting the floors ready for new flooring. We moved into our 4, small bedroom, 1 bath home just in time for Christmas. I LOVED that little house (Jayson didn't feel quite the same way). We stayed in our home for two years, before we felt it was a good time to sell. We were ready to build, and knew that we needed to save a little to do that.
Three houses to the North, the Blankmans were renting Jerry Welchs old home. They loved our little house, and purchased it in November 2006. They have made it the cute country home that it deserves to be.
We did a house swap - literally, in less that 12 hours. They packed up the rental, and we packed up the house - passed walking, and with trailers on the 1 block road. It worked out PERFECT. However, we only intended to be in the rental 6mo-1year. 2YEARS (almost 3) LATER...WE ARE FINALLY BUILDING!!!!
Our home will be on the farm road, just NW of my Dads, 7771 S 400 W, in beautiful Paradise. Here we will stay till we die!
We have chosen Todd Pignataro as our General, and I couldn't be happier. This man is amazing - and he helped convince Jayson that I want a butcher block in my kitchen :)! We couldn't be more excited to work with such a great guy.
SO... the first of the house blogs:
Today, April 28 we have a septic permit, the building permit should be done at the end of the week, or first of next. We will stake the property tomorrow night, and sign our construction papers in SLC on Thursday afternoon.
Until then.....I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!

4 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

Congratulations!! I am sure you are just bouncing off the walls with happiness. I can't wait to see more "house" blogs.

Tyson and Tahnee said...

Congratulations! Im so happy for you guys. We are building a home right now too. I am really excited about it. It will be a small home but its better than renting. Do you have your house plans? Post pictures of the progress!

Jesse and Mindi said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see the progress!! Keep the pictures coming.

Margo and Dave said...

Yeah! So excited for you, can't wait till Thanksgiving!