Sunday, April 26, 2009

STRAWBERRIES

Tis the season... It all started on Wednesday night when I walked into Ridleys, just to grab some bread. You all know how that turns out...30 min later, a full grocerie cart, and $100 worth of "bread." BUT, strawberries were on sale, and they actually looked GOOD! $5.99 a flat!!
1st up - Freezer Jam. I love taking jam out of the freezer whenever I want it. Freezer Jam has to be the eaasiest thing to make - sugar, pectin, and chopped berries, with an excellent, yummy ending. I just wished I had time to make homemade bread like mom used to.

Next on the list - Fresh Mixed Berry Parfait Cups (for Jills Bridal Shower)
This was a fun recipe that I found in Better Homes and Garden. Simple and tasty. It looked beautiful, especially next to Margo's Chicken Salad - YUM!


My final FAV... chocolate dipped berries!
My mother in law bought me this wonderful double boiler, after calling her to find out how to make Rice pudding WITHOUT a double boiler. PS- not to hard, just more dishes in the oven. The oven recipe that I have is better that the double boiler one anyway!
I LOVE dipping berries, it's simple, yet beautiful. I didn't have time to drizzle with white chocolate - but they still tasted wonderful! We used these at the shower too. I love the way people think these are so gourmet...Look it, but not! My favorite is probably chocolate dipped FRESH pineapple.If you get the chance... eat as much as you can!



1 comments:

Tyson and Tahnee said...

That is so funny! Me and my grandma made some strawberry jam, and then tammy and her sister made some. Oh, and we got the strawberrys at ridleys as well. Tis the season:)