Sunday, June 14, 2009

just another week

Monday I started a new diet, I know, aren't we always on a diet! I am trying Alli. This is the one where if you eat to much fat, you'll end up in the bathroom... Well, it's been one week and I must know my fats, because I'm doing great! I also brought this lovely scale - I HATE SCALES! My family has been weighing themselves everyday. Maybe this was not such a good addition.

Joslynn went to the Orthodontist, Dr. Gymon. She is getting braces on June 22, and is SO excited. I don't think she is aware of the pain she is about to encounter. After the appointment, I took the kids to Lagoon. We bought season passes again. It really works out. I love going, knowing that we don't have to stay all day because we can just go back another day. Addy is finally tall enough to go on every ride, but Joslynn couldn't bribe her to go on Wicked. She said she will before summer is over.
Tuesday I got a surprise visit from my boss. Gotta love those days. I apartment shop my competitors, and usually "dress down." He had to come when I was 30 min late, and wearing jeans! I have a great boss however, and we had a good visit.
Wednesday I had a resident party. Jake the Fireman came to Riverwalk to talk to the kids about water and fire safety. They all seemed to enjoy it.



Thursday seemed to drag on forever. I'm sure it had something to do with all the rain. I was a little bummed do to the fact that work was not being done on my house in the rain.
Friday was just warm enough for the upstairs to get MOSTLY framed in. Just a little left, with trusses by next Friday. Jayson and his buddies poured the shop floor Friday night.


This is the view from our back door. Isn't it beautiful?
Rear view of the house

Saturday we spent the day at home...BORING! I hate just sitting around. The house was clean by 10, and I had nothing to do. I finally convinced Jayson to drive to Garland and see the puppy we are getting his dad for Fathers Day. We ate at the Pie Dump, If you haven't been, you need to go! Then we went to pick out a puppy. Isn't she CUTE? She is a "bug" Boston Terrier/Pug. She's brindle colored, with a white paw and white chest.
Jay is going to be so excited. He is retired, and needs a shop dog to keep him company. I think this little girl will do just the trick. Jayson is pretty sure we need one too, but I'm PRETTY sure one dog is just enough!


Today consisted of getting up to make these Chocolate Turtle Cookies for Jayson. I can't tell you what they actually tasted like, so I would feel guilty telling you they were good. All I have is an empty plate...so I guess they were good!


Jill and Josh spoke in sacrament meeting, along with Joslynn. Jos talked on baptism, and did a great job. Sam, Judy, Jill, Josh, Dad, and Steve came over for Lasagna dinner. However, the new diet limits the ability to eat to much fatty foods, so lots of salad, but NO dessert! Dad showed up with Magic Cookie Bars, Judy with Rhubarb Cake, and I had made cookies and Triple Berry Coffee Cake... No DESSERT SUCKED!

Jill and Josh listening to story time.

Judy put Dad and Sam to sleep while reading to Addy.

What a great week! Joslynn is off to Keepers of the Faith, Stake trek in the morning. She's pretty nervous. I am so excited to hear all about it Wednesday night.

2 comments:

Margo and Dave said...

I LOVE that picture of our dad's! That is definitely a keeper! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturdaya

guy and bina said...

I just have to say that I love reading your blog. That puppy is so dang cute. Sorry we got interuppted on Sunday, but I was going to tell you that I would invite you and you fam over to see the pups, but we just sold the last one about a week ago. It seems so quiet around my house without three little pups needing so much attention. Anyway...talk to you later.