Thursday, June 18, 2009

she'll never know

I took this pics Monday morning before Jos left for trek. She made me promise I wouldn't put them on facebook, but my Blog doesn't count! Jos totally fell in love with her Ma and Pa, The Dymocks. They are wonderful people, and I was excited she got to spend her trek with them.


They stayed in the same clothes the entire time, so needless to say, she was a little stinky when she got home.

She got home about 9 last night from trek, exhausted and high on life. They only got rained on Tuesday night and Wednesday. During lunch Wednesday the "pony express" delivered letters to the trekkers. These of course were previously written by parents. It took me about two weeks to write this letter to Jos. I wanted her to know how much I loved her, and how important the choices we make affect our lives. (I still have the letter my dad wrote me when I was 16). So, about 10 this morning I get a text from Jos that reads...

"hey I love you. going on the trek made me realize how much u do for me. the entire time i couldn't wait to tell u what we did and i found myself counting down till i could see my family. i got homesick and it drove me crazy. im so glad im home. thank u so much i love you and have a super fabulous day at work!
I know, wipe the tears! She is such a sweet girl, and I love her so much!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey I got to meet Josalyn at trek. James and I were in the Hunt Co. James was a sub captain so we just got to rove around and hang out with different families. The first night we ate dinner with the Dymock family and I had a ball talking to Josalyn. She's a cute, good girl. She had a great attitude, and was a lot of fun. You should be really proud of her!! Love, Lisa

PS it sucks when nothing is going on at a new house. In you're mind it is one day you could be doing dishes while looking out a new window in the new house. It will come though. I promise. (and the new payment:)