Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life is like a box of Chocolates

Whenever a box of chocolates is put in front of me, I immediately see if it has a map on/or in the box to guide me to my choice. IF the stupid thing has no map I pick up a MILK chocolate, turn it upside down, dig a small hole in the bottom to check out what's inside. If it's not what I want, I simply place it back in the box, and move to the next option. I'm sure you can only imagine how much everyone loves eating the box of chocolates after I have gone through them.
How great would life be if we could made the same choices? Just simply put back what you don't like or want and move on! Too bad that's not how it works.
I love my life - the ups, downs and in-between. The downs can REALLY suck, but I try to made the ups outweigh them.
recent down: In the last week, the only thing that has been done on my house is the framing of the shop. EIGHT WORKING DAYS PEOPLE - that's like a MAX. 2 day job. The trusses, and power source were delivered yesterday - BUT NO WORK! AGHHH! THE POSITIVE to this... We are still getting a new house, just maybe not at the assumed date expected. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is all part of the contractors plan.
another down: I hurt one of my friends, not intentionally! I didn't realize how much I had hurt her. Our friendship is over - yes, that bad! She was so angry with me, that I couldn't even talk to her. It has hurt all week, and I just want to make it better - but I don't think this one can be fixed. I can't imagine not talking to her again - but I am going to use it as a learning lesson to appreciate and listen more to those around me. I took advantage of her and her wonderful friendship - and I don't want to ruin another friendship.

My kids are my world, and I love them so much. I don't think I take the time to snuggle them, or love them like I should. I kissed Ashtons sweet face this morning as I picked him up out of bed. My little Addy calls me THE MINUTE she pulls herself out of bed to tell me good morning, and what she should do today. Jos is on her way to the Temple to watch some children, while a marriage is performed. What a beautiful, wonderful life!
My husband, my love - I have tortured and tried this man - and "for better or for worse" he still loves me. Last Friday he sent me flowers...NO REASON, just an I love you! He puts up with me day in and day out, and still kisses me goodnight.

Life IS like a box of chocolates! You never know what your gonna get. We have to figure out our life, learn form it, and use it for our future. Living each day if it were our last. Making peace with others, and loving whole heartily.
This week has been one of those learning experiences that I hope to grow from, and live today a little better.
To those of you reading - thank you. Thank you for blog-stalking me!:) Don't be afraid to leave a comment. Thank you for being interested and reading to the end. I hope that you are reading this because somewhere in our life, we became friends. Enjoy your day, love longer, laugh harder, and enjoy life!

3 comments:

Miken said...

that really sucks that you can't make it up to your friend. i've never been in that exact position but i can imagine how hard it must be. :(

Unknown said...

That was really sweet! You are a great friend and always have been. When I see you at the store or wherever I always smile and think "Oh sweet there's Margaret" I think you are a doll and I love stalking your blog :)

Tyson and Tahnee said...

I FIGURED SOME KIDS GAMES OUT FOR YOU....PENNY PITCH, POOL PARTY, TREASURE HUNT, AND MYSTERY BOX.. GIVE ME A CALL AND I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT THEM.. DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER? 760-3441..