Friday, May 22, 2009

HOUSE UPDATE


The first pour was so exciting. Todd called me at work to tell me that Johnsons would be at the site at 11:30. So I grabbed my maintenance guy for lunch at the Crack, and then stopped to take pictures. I'm a little crazy with the camera, and I'm not sure what I do with all these pictures when we are done. Most people take pics to remember, or help with future ideas. Were only two weeks into this sucker, and I gotta just a few (hundred) pics!

This "hole" thing is kinda scary. You look at it one day, and think it's huge. Then they pour concrete into it, and now it's too small...and then everyone tells you that's just how it works, and it really IS big! ? The barn looks bigger than the garage. - I guess that's okay, then all my "stuff" can go in it instead of the garage, don't tell Jayson!

They poured out footings and foundation last week. Underground plumbing this next week, and then flat work. Jayson and his buddies will pour the basement floor, garage, and "barn" floor next Saturday. Jayson is working out of town, so we have to wait until Saturday ( May 30
JAYSON...WOW, what a worker! He takes all the extra hours he can get, plus works out of town, just to give me things I want for this new house! We've got a new beautiful canopy bed, Joslynns Queen bed, mattress', my Bosch washer and dryer, next on the list is my double ovens and range top. He is a dedicated worker, and only complains minimally. For those of you who really know Jayson...he's doing it all for the Rhino! :) We've wanted one for a few years, but the agreement was we had to be in our house first.

We'll see how this next week goes...

1 comments:

Tyson and Tahnee said...

Im really excited for you.. The progress is coming along nicely. I understand the part about being excited and taking a million pictures. Its so fun to watch everything come together