Thursday, May 28, 2009

memories

Christmas 2008 we were lucky enough to take Joslynn and Addy to San Diego, and Anaheim CA. for a family vacation. We stayed right on the ocean front, went to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Disneyland. I have ALWAYS loved these pictures.

This is my Addy screaming into the waves, "come on, bring it to me!"



Joslynn looking on like, holy crap, they are coming...



I love this one. The girls got a little far and were surprised when they couldn't out run the waves. The look on Joslynns face is priceless. I think it captures the innocence of a child. Truly living in the moment of happiness and tranquility. When I see this it makes me cry a little, I know...sappy!




The girls loved the ocean, and I was sad we couldn't spend more time playing. We have often talked about going on a vacation, just to San Diego. Disneyland is just too hard with a tiny one, and I don't think you get your full benefit. I would go to Disneyland every year, if financials could allow for it. I will be that grandma that takes the grand-kids to Disneyland every year, just so I can go. It's the one advantage of having kids so young, getting your grand kids at a young age. Jayson and I are not having anymore children, so I am totally excited for grand babies...not that I am rushing ANY of my children to have babies!


Wow, went off on kids for a minute...sorry about that...random thoughts. I think this entire blog is some random rambling.


When we were at Jills wedding dinner at the Jensen Historical Farm last Saturday, Ashton found a sea shell. He puts it in the tub with him every night, so that it will grow. It is so cute how his little 4 yr. old mind works....water it, it will grow. He then asked me if I would take him to the Ocean for his birthday (in November), so that we could find a bigger shell since his won't grow.
Jaysons sister had invited us to go on a family cruise with them, before her son goes on a mission next spring, and I think after looking at these pictures again, and Ashton wanting to see the Ocean...I'm pretty sure we will be going! Now I have totally excited myself about something that won't even happen for another year!
We have already started saving $$$, and I am so excited! Yea for us...in a year...haha! I'm crack'in myself up!


This entry was a little scattered, so I apologize to any of those reading it! It was supposed to be all about Ashton and his sea shell that wouldn't grow. I don't think that's how it worked out. hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have drank two cokes at lunch!

2 comments:

Bryce and Britt said...

Your to funny!!

Justin & Ashlee said...

How fun! I love Disneyland, Seaworld, etc... I am sorry I missed the sale on Monday. I've been craving hot donuts all week now :)