Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day

How do you say goodbye to someone so great? Treasure each moment and memory! My mother was a wonderful, caring, sharing and supportive person. She put everyone and everything above her to help others and make them feel important. Her family was her life. Her parents taught her the important things in life, and encouraged her to be something amazing.
My parents love and respect for each other taught me so much. I will always remember catching the two of them kissing in the kitchen - as "sick" as It was when I was little, I knew that they loved each other so much! My father worked hard, so that my mother could raise children, and be active in whatever needed her attention. Where does time go? I think back on my last few days I spent with my mom, and treasure each one of them...days at the doctor, lunch, and visits while waiting for the next appointment. She always listened, no matter how much I talked, so interested in my life and what I had to say. NO ONE ever listened like her! I miss our daily visits, and our many phone calls a day! I miss you!
I can not thank my mother enough for the life lessons that she taught me. A mothers love is the most self giving thing a person can do. Pregnancy, birth, adoption, finding enough love in your heart to love anothers child, tears,late nights, fevers, breakups, sports, school, "mista Honma," traveling, support group, chauffeur, a shoulder,hugs,laughter, dedicated nights at my side practicing the piano, love,teenage trauma, marriage counseling, a listening ear.Happy Mothers Day.

Happy Mothers day to all my Mom friends, and to those who will one day be. You are special - you are loved!

2 comments:

Brady and Jenna said...

Margaret- What a perfect tribute to your mother. You described her perfectly. She was a great lady and love the old pictures! We were waiting to see you yesterday, but we passed you on the road after we left. SO HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

wade and shannon said...

Your mom was such a great lady, And I'm lucky enough to have known her. She would be so proud of you, for all you do for your dad. Happy Mother's Day!!