Thursday, May 7, 2009

scrape n' dig





I started the morning with TOTAL excitement! Yesterday morning Todd, our contractor came into my office and told me he THOUGH maybe we could scrape the lot. Three hours later, my lot was being scraped! I know that this is the normal thing for building a home...but it's new to me. Our lot was staked this morning, and foundation hole was dug this afternoon. We are all so excited just to see progress...any progress...
The kids want to go tomorrow when the clay isn't so wet, and stand in the hole to get pictures.
Like I said before, this is a long time coming. I am also aware that things will go fast at first, and then seem to slow down. But for now, I am just taking in all this excitement.

2 comments:

Bryce and Britt said...

Wahoo!!

Tyson and Tahnee said...

Yay! Its fun to watch the progress. I walked over to mine twice yesterday.I couldnt get enough. Make sure and post pictures as its being built.